How to Create a YouTube Channel without a Gmail Account?
Sometimes due to privacy issues or any other reasons, the users seek to create a YouTube channel without a Gmail account. By default, when you open an account or create a channel on YouTube, you do so via your Gmail address. However, it is possible that you do the same without using your Gmail account. This article provides the instructions for creating a channel on YouTube that does not involve your Gmail account.
10 Steps to Create a YouTube Channel Without a Gmail Account
Follow the step-by-step instructions to make a YouTube account without using your Gmail account:
- At first, make sure that you are not logged in to your Gmail account when you open your browser.
- Now, go to YouTube website www.youtube.com and click on the ‘Sign in’ button.
- In case your YouTube shows that you are signed in to your Gmail account, you can sign out from here as well.
- After you click on the ‘Sign in’ button, a new page appears. On this page, click the ‘More options’ button present at the bottom.
- On the Google account creation page that opens, tap the ‘I would like a Gmail address’ link.
- A form will appear asking you to provide details like name, email address, password, date of birth, etc.
- In the ‘your email address’, you can provide any email address (other than Gmail account).
- Tap the ‘Next step’ and then click on ‘I Agree’. A verification email will be sent on the email address entered by you.
- Login to this email account and tap on the verification link received to complete verification of the new account.
- Your account will now be created and you will be automatically logged in to YouTube using your this non-Gmail account.
Now from this account, you can create a YouTube channel that will not be associated to your Gmail account. The steps to create a YouTube channel are provided below.
- Sign in to your YouTube account from your non-Gmail account.
- Perform any action like uploading a video, posting a comment, or creating a playlist.
- A prompt will appear on the screen asking you to create a channel.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to create your new channel.
How to Use YouTube without a Gmail Account?
One can use YouTube without a Gmail Account to simply browse through YouTube, watch videos, share video, etc. In fact, one can use YouTube not only without Gmail account but without any email account.
- Go to the website www.youtube.com and sign out of your account, in case you are signed in otherwise.
- Type in the search box, the videos you like to watch on YouTube.
- Tap the video and your video will start playing on the screen.
But do note that no history appears while using YouTube when you are signed out of your account. So, if you try to search any video in your YouTube history while you were signed out of your account, you won’t be able to find the same.