Solutions Tips to complete Gmail account recovery steps–Google couldn’t verify this account belongs to you : Since the introduction of Google’s webmail service i.e. Gmail, it continues to be the favorite of a large number of email users. The main reason behind its unmatched popularity is its security features. You will never be able to use a particular Gmail account if Google couldn’t verify this account belongs to you. It implements the best encryption methods to keep your Gmail messages safe and secure. But sometimes, due to this full proof security, many users get locked out of Gmail and unable to log in to their email accounts.
In case you are also encountering the error message i.e. “Google couldn’t verify this account belongs to you” then this article is just for you. Here, we will discuss the most convenient method to process Gmail Account recovery and get rid of this error message.
How to fix “Google couldn’t verify this belongs to you” error message?
As the error message itself suggests, you are receiving this error message because Google is not sure whether this account belongs to you or you are trying to hack the account. The only way you can fix this issue by proving that the google account you are trying to log into belongs to you. You can prove this by the following two methods.
- Gmail Account recovery using recovery options such as phone number and email id.
Follow the steps given below to recover Gmail account using recovery options.
- First of all, visit the Gmail login page and provide your Gmail ID.
- Click on “Forget password” when prompted to enter the Gmail password.
- Enter the last Gmail password you remember. Click on “Try another way” if you can’t remember any previous password.
- Now, Gmail will send a verification code to your recovery phone number or alternative email id.
- Enter the code received on your phone number or alternate email id.
- Now, you will be able to create a new Gmail password for future logins.
That’s all you need to do to recover Gmail account if you have a recovery phone number or email ID added to your account. But what if you don’t have added any recovery phone number or email?
- Recovering Gmail account without recovery phone number or email ID.
In case you don’t have any recovery option such as recovery phone number or email ID added to your account then you should follow the steps given below:
- Reach the Google recovery form by providing your email id and clicking “Forget Password” link at Gmail login page
- Make sure to fill the “Google recovery form” using the device you usually use to log into Gmail.
- Google will ask you a different type of questions to verify your identity.
- Keep clicking “Try another way” if you are not sure how to answer the Google account recovery security questions.
- Try to answer as many questions as you can and make sure you are accurate while answering the security questions.
- It will take around three days for Google to investigate your case and let you create a new login password for Gmail.
In case you can’t recover Gmail account using “Google recovery form” then the only option you have is to contact Google support for help.