How to Solve Contacts list disappeared in Gmail? You can readily use Google contacts to save the email addresses and phone number of the person you regularly e-mail. All your contacts will remain absolutely safe and accessible whenever you want. This is one of the reasons why Gmail is immensely popular. However, Google contact is not completely immune to the problems. Every now and then we can see Gmail users complaining that their contacts suddenly disappeared when they try to access them. Losing the Google contacts can be really annoying for the users especially if they have to send some important emails.
If you are also a Gmail user and wondering how to solve contacts list disappeared in Gmail issue then this article is tailor-made for you. Here, we will discuss the method by which you can solve contacts list disappeared in the Gmail problem smoothly.
Why Gmail contact list has vanished?
Before moving on to the steps to recover lost Gmail contact we have to understand why Gmail contacts list is disappeared suddenly. It is quite difficult to list down all the possible factors that can cause Gmail contacts list to vanish. However, there are some generic reasons or factors that are common for most of the users as given below:
- Installing way too many applications in the Smart Phone.
- Using the browser that is not compatible with the Gmail.
- Installing random add-ons and applications in the Gmail.
- Contact syncing problem in Gmail App.
- Improper exporting or importing of Gmail contacts.
- Virus or malware infection in your phone or computer system.
Whatever be the reason, it can cause a great deal of hassle for you if you can’t restore your Gmail contacts properly.
How to restore Disappeared Contacts list in Gmail?
Luckily, Google contact has an inbuilt function that can solve Contacts list disappeared in Gmail in a matter of seconds. Follow the steps given below the restore vanished Gmail contacts straight away.
- First of all, you need to log into your Gmail account. Remember you should log in using the web browser, not through the Gmail App.
- Click on Gmail from the top left corner of the Gmail inbox page.
- Choose contacts from the drop-down menu.
- Now from the top navigation bar, you need to select “More”.
- Click on “Restore Contacts” from the dropdown menu that appears.
That’s it; you don’t have to do anything else. The Gmail contacts will be restored to the previously saved state automatically. The previously saved state is the time when you have altered the data in your Gmail contacts list.
Prevent your Gmail Contacts list from disappearing
Here are some precautionary tips that can help you prevent sudden disappearing of Gmail contacts list in future.
- Never install too many applications in your smartphone. The app installing capacity is different for all the smartphone generally depending upon the internal memory and RAM.
- Never import or Export Gmail contact if you don’t have a proper understanding of POP and IMAP protocols.
- Keep scanning your device with a good antivirus to keep a check on viruses and malwares.